Friday, July 13, 2012

Having Fun In Ghana

Getting my hands dirty

So far life in Ghana has been great! My host family has been really open to me and they have also encouraged me to try new things, especially food. YUM :D. My host sisters since they are still kids have been teaching me a little Twi as well some games that they like to play, I'm still pretty bad in Ampe. Since my host family lives inside a boarding school the kids who attend the primary school have also taught me some songs that they sing for fun. Our community service at Adenta Community Kindergarden was a new experience. The kids were great and also had a nickname to call me "Obroni Kokoo" meaning "White Plantain Man". The food in Ghana is also delicious, my favorite so far is Jolof Rice. But this is just the beginning there's more to come. Nomas quiero decir que extrano a mi familia y decirles que todo esta bien y que voy a regresar muy pronto.
 Trying to paint the ceiling
Graduating from kindergarden

4 comments:

  1. I think it is amazing the way you are all immersing yourselves in life in Ghana! You are naming foods and songs and experiences that are new to us here at home. Bring back all that you have learned and share it with your family, friends and SLJ community. Let it expand your minds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Your nickname is funny. I think that when school starts next year, you guys should teach us how to play some of the games you learned there. Did you notice the possible math problems in the picture of you painting the ceiling? Pythagorean theorem or maybe a SohCahToa problem? Keep having fun David and I look forward to speaking to you about your travels. -Lupher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jaira
    I am so happy that God has blessed you with this awesome experience. Keep the pictures coming.

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you all finally caught up with your sleep? Keep sharing your magic.love you guys/Buege

    ReplyDelete