Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Experience So Far

I cant even tell you how much I've learned an grown from this trip, my first week with the locals i looked like an American so i was considered an abrooni (white). Now I'm obviously not white but it was something i delft with for the time being until i blended in. When i started staying with my host family i couldn't have been happier. There was just so much love and fun in the house and i remember my first night there i was taken to a five hour prayer service from 8pm to 1am and when the preacher was blessing everyone one with the holy ghost in their language(Twi) he came to bless me and i just stood there i didn't know what to do, but everyone just smiled and laughed with me. Since then Ive made a number of friends that cant be replaced, Ive been able to go out and explore on my own and really experience Ghanaian night life, but my trip isn't done yet I have a lot more to do and more experiences to experience so don't worry there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment